Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hartsville is accepting résumés and applications for a part-time Welding Technology Adjunct Instructor at the Wilson County Campus in Lebanon and Hartsville, Tennessee for afternoons and evenings.
Please complete the attached employment application; qualified applicants may submit employment application along with a letter detailing how they meet the requirements for the position and accompanying résumé to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hartsville
Attn: Human Resources
716 McMurry Blvd. East
Hartsville, TN 37074-2028
Or submit via email to Susan.McDonald@tcathartsville.edu
Application deadline is open until filled.
TCAT Hartsville is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years successful work experience in welding and/or related fields.
- Must be a good communicator with effective verbal and written skills; computer skills required.
- Ability to interact with adult and high school students.
- Be willing to maintain personal, state-of-the-art credentialing and certification in applicable emerging technology.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills; have the ability to deal pleasantly and tactfully with customers.
- Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff and general public.
Post-secondary diploma or A.A.S. in Welding Technology or related field with AWS, CWE, CWI and NCCER certifications preferred.
Teaching and robotic weld station programming experience preferred.
Able to organize and provide theoretical and practical instructional activities to enable students to become AWS SENSE certified.
All phases of instruction for the evening Welding Technology program offering in coordination with Welding Technology instructors.
Gas metal arc (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), shielded metal arc (STICK), oxyacetylene fusion (GAS), inner shield welding, flux core welding, flame cutting, brazing and soldering. Must be able to provide related instruction in metallurgy; blueprint reading; welding symbols; fitting and fabrication; and robotic welding. Physically able to lift, stoop, stand and walk to demonstrate and perform all job duties required.